Food & Beverage Manager
Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Location Milling Barn | Buntingford | Hertfordshire
Salary Up to £27,000
To apply for this position, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.Apply Now
Our wedding venue delivers a fantastic service to our couples and their guests on an all inclusive basis, and therefore each event is designed specifically to the couples requirements.
You will be required to work very closely with the Personal Wedding Managers and help deliver a seamless service from start to finish. As such you should have excellent organisational and leadership skills and have a proficient knowledge on how to run a professional food & beverage operation. As a wedding venue we are very seasonal with regards to our busy periods and therefore your shifts and working hours will mirror those times and as the business requires. We do however, ensure that we manage everyone’s workload throughout the year, as we appreciate how important it is for everyone to have quality downtime as well as worktime.
Your skill set should include:
- experience in leadership and organisation of busy events;
- ability to communicate clearly with both kitchen and servers;
- experience of delivering a food service to events in excess of 200 people and more;
- strong understanding of food and allegies;
- an exceptional eye for detail;
- experience of working behind a bar within a busy venue;
- clear understanding of the workings of a busy bar & the delivery therein;
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal, be highly organised, numerate, proactive and approachable;
- ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with the unexpected;
- experience in financial reporting and budgeting;
- some experience in recruiting & training staff, as well as organising rotas, in line with company budgets;
- excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- prepared to work evenings, weekends, and shift patterns that the business requires;
- gregarious, diplomatic and the ability to work under pressure;
- you will need to hold a driving license and have your own car.
We are a team that work hard for each other and our customers, but we do this with a smile and a genuine pride in what we do and a drive to improve ourselves and our offering every time.
We really look forward to meeting you.